Recipe and photo courtesy of Marnely Rodriguez-Murray of Cooking with Books
For the Salad:
- 2 cups red quinoa, cooked and cool
- 1 cup sorghum, cooked and cool
- 1/3 cup dried blueberries
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered California Almonds, toasted
- 5 small radishes, sliced and cut into matchsticks
- fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 cups fresh spring mix greens
For the dressing:
- 1 small California Avocado, diced
- 3 ounces California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 ounces vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Spiceologist Raspberry-Chipotle Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- To make the salad: toss all the ingredients except the spring mix greens until everything is evenly incorporated. On serving platter, place a bed of greens and place the grain mixture on top.
- To make the dressing: using a blender/immersion blender, blend all the ingredients until smooth and season to taste.
- To serve: Drizzle the dressing over the grain salad, as well as serve extra dressing on the side.